What are the Benefits?
Independent Living Benefits
Fewer Household Responsibilities
Your new independent living apartment comes with an even bigger bonus: You don’t have to worry about all the responsibilities that go along with homeownership. When you move out of your house to enjoy independent living, you say goodbye to chores like lawn maintenance and upkeep. You can also leave extensive cleaning behind, thanks to a smaller apartment and weekly housekeeping visits. Instead of cleaning or mowing the lawn, use that time to pursue a favorite hobby.
Perhaps one of the biggest benefits of independent living is the socialization and connection with friendly neighbors. The residents at Silver Lakes Senior Living truly make our community so special. Residents get to know one another and are always welcoming to new residents, offering tips on the best activities to attend or favorite foods on the menu. It won’t take you too long to make new lifelong friends who live right down the hall, making catching up over coffee even easier than before.
Delicious Home Style Meals
If your retirement plans don’t include planning and preparing three healthy meals per day, independent living can offer a welcome respite from your daily kitchen duties. Sit down with a new friend and share a delicious meal that you didn’t have to prepare!
Activities, Events, and Trips
Independent living communities are busy places, offering residents daily opportunities to get involved, make a friend, pursue a hobby, or try something new. Communities feature activity calendars that are carefully curated to include various activities, events, and trips that support physical, emotional, spiritual, and cognitive wellness. Look for yoga classes, local history lectures, painting workshops, and trips exploring points of interest nearby.
- Three home cooked meals plus nutritious snacks
- 24 hour on-site care staff
- Assistance with personal hygiene and dressing
- Daily social events and life enhancing activities
- Housekeeping, laundry, and linen service
- Medication management
- Health monitoring
- Paid utilities except for telephone
- Cable television included
- Free WiFi
- In house beauty salon and barbershop
- Sprinkler system, smoke and fire detectors
- Off site transportation
- Apartment maintenance
- Caring and personable attendants
- Calendar of planned recreational and social activities
- Community dining room and gathering spaces
- Activity room for exercise, crafts, games, and television